Thank you for your interest - the Current application round is now closed.
Apply to Wild Strides and join a community dedicated to transforming the outdoor industry through wilderness, connection, and creation.
Wild Strides is a backpacking retreat for women+ and gender minority leaders and founders in the outdoor industry.
The mission is to transform the outdoor industry into a more inclusive, empowering, and accessible space for all. Wild Strides serves as a catalyst for this transformation by connecting changemakers through a shared journey in the mountains. The program includes a four night nature-based retreat with two nights backpacking in the North Cascade mountains in Washington state.
Wild Strides is a collaboration between Wild Gift and SheFly Apparel. Wild Gift is a non-profit focused on empowering environmental entrepreneurs through wilderness experiences. SheFly Apparel is an award-winning outdoor apparel startup focused on making wilderness more accessible for women+.
You Are Eligible
- You are a women+ founder or leader of an organization connected to the outdoors industry or the environment. For this retreat, women+ is generally defined to encompass cisgender women, transgender women, non-binary, femme identifying people, and anyone else who self-identifies as experiencing misogyny. If you feel comfortable in spaces that center femme experiences but do not fit into that definition, please still apply.
- You have backpacking experience. No need to be an expert; however, we will not be providing instruction on backpacking. You need enough experience to be self-supporting on the backpacking trip. Food, fuel, and cookware will be provided.
- You want to grow your network and participate in collaborative learning opportunities and discussions about the transformation of the outdoor industry.
- You love the idea of connecting with other women+ leaders and spending time in the breathtaking Northern Cascades!
- Dates: July 19-23, 2022
- Meet in Winthrop, WA. The first night we will car camp. The next two nights we will backpack, and the final night we will car camp.
- Some backpacking experience is required; however, the trek is accessible for beginner backpackers of all fitness levels. If you are unsure about your ability level for this trek, please reach out to [email protected].
- Cost: $250/person
This includes: all preparation (permitting, route logistics, meal prep), food, fuel, camping, permits, some group gear. Wild Gift, SheFly and the organizers will not be taking any profit for this trip. The fees are only covering costs and scholarships are available.
We are committed to access for as many people as possible. We have a limited number of scholarships available to ensure cost is not a barrier. Please check the box in your application if you would like to be considered for a scholarship.
Apply today and connect with a community dedicated to transforming the outdoors, supporting your work, and growing together as individuals and business leaders.
Get In Touch
You have questions, we have answers.