Wild Strides believes in the power of nature to empower leaders and inspire deeper connections with individuals and communities.
Time to apply for the Women+ Backcountry Ski Retreat is closed
The focus is on wellness, networking, self discovery, and empowering more women to adventure outside, together!
March 9-11, 2023 | Peter Estin Hut, Eagle, CO
The Wild Gift is branching out to host backcountry retreats for founders and business leaders. Each retreat will be 3-7 days in a remote location and will include a blend of professional development opportunities and outdoor experiences.
The mission of Wild Strides is to connect leaders with the outdoors to empower, inspire, and build connections between people and the planet.
The first Wild Strides was hosted in partnership with SheFly, July 19-23 in the Enchantment mountain range in Washington.
Seven women+ founders and leaders of outdoor companies came together to experience breathtaking mountain scenery while exchanging stories, challenges, lessons, and the experience of being a founder in the outdoor industry.
Learn more about future opportunities to participate in Wild Strides or the Wild Gift Fellowship.
Do you have an idea for a retreat? Contact us for partnership inquiries and any related questions.
You Are Eligible
- You are a women+ founder or leader of an organization connected to the outdoors industry or the environment. For this retreat, women+ is generally defined to encompass cisgender women, transgender women, non-binary, femme identifying people, and anyone else who self-identifies as experiencing misogyny. If you feel comfortable in spaces that center femme experiences but do not fit into that definition, please still apply.
- You have backpacking experience. No need to be an expert; however, we will not be providing instruction on backpacking. You need enough experience to be self-supporting on the backpacking trip. Food, fuel, and cookware will be provided.
- You want to grow your network and participate in collaborative learning opportunities and discussions about the transformation of the outdoor industry.
- You love the idea of connecting with other women+ leaders and spending time in the breathtaking Northern Cascades!
- Dates: July 19-23, 2022
- Meet in Winthrop, WA. The first night we will car camp. The next two nights we will backpack, and the final night we will car camp.
- Some backpacking experience is required; however, the trek is accessible for beginner backpackers of all fitness levels. If you are unsure about your ability level for this trek, please reach out to [email protected].
- Cost: $250/person
This includes: all preparation (permitting, route logistics, meal prep), food, fuel, camping, permits, some group gear. Wild Gift, SheFly and the organizers will not be taking any profit for this trip. The fees are only covering costs and scholarships are available.
We are committed to access for as many people as possible. We have a limited number of scholarships available to ensure cost is not a barrier. Please check the box in your application if you would like to be considered for a scholarship.
Apply today and connect with a community dedicated to transforming the outdoors, supporting your work, and growing together as individuals and business leaders.