Apply to Become a Wild Gift Fellow
* * * The Wild Gift Fellowship application is currently closed for our 2014-15 class. We will be accepting applications for our 2016 class in the fall of 2015. * * *
Every year, The Wild Gift recruits a new class of talented social entrepreneurs, ages 21-35, to its Network of Fellows. Successful applicants are talented visionaries committed to and capable of bringing about urgently needed change to better our world.
If selected to join the Network, you will receive The Wild Gift, which consists of:
- a deep wilderness trek in the Idaho wilderness to refine your vision,
- up to $10,000 as a grant to further your work,
- access to professional mentors to help translate your vision to reality, and
- membership in a dynamic and growing community of new thinkers determined to have a significant impact in promoting peaceable community development in balance with the resources and values of wild nature.
Here's what our 2013 Fellows had to say about their trek experience:
“Wild Gift gave us the unique opportunity to turn off distractions, to be immersed in a beautiful place, and to surround ourselves with inspiring people for 18-days. In an otherwise fast-paced world, the experience left me feeling refreshed and with an energy that I am taking back to my business.” –James Richards, Solar Dividend
“The Wild Gift was more than a trip, it was an introduction to a new way of living and thinking grounded in the natural world.” –Lisa Curtis, Kuli Kuli
“After sixteen days in the backcountry with Wild Gift, I feel a sense of mental clarity—as if all the clutter has been cut away and I have a clean slate. For me, that clarity is already helping me refine my business plan in new ways.” –Marty Schnure, Maps For Good
“The Wild Gift’s deep wilderness trek allowed me to slow down and fill up on awe. I feel more even keeled and able to identify not only what is important for our business, but how we want to do it.”–Raj Vable, Young Mountain Tea