Join the Wild Gift Leader Network
The deadline for 2013 applications was April 15. Please return to this page in December to find 2014 application information.
Every year, The Wild Gift recruits a new class of talented social entrepreneurs, ages 21-35, to its Leader Network. Successful applicants are those who have demonstrated leadership in projects or community activities that have resulted in new solutions to today’s societal problems and have the commitment, capacity and passion to make this change happen.
We seek individuals who have:
- an innovative and system-changing project,
- a proven history of creating sustainable solutions that are in balance with nature,
- the vision and skills that can or have affected entire communities,
- a high level of passion, commitment and follow through to realize their ideas, and
- the skills and organizational capacity to be successful in both business and life.
If selected to join the Network, you will receive The Wild Gift, which consists of:
- a deep wilderness trek in the Idaho wilderness to refine your vision,
- up to $350.00 for travel expenses to Sun Valley, Idaho,
- the opportunity to receive up to $10,000 as a grant to further your work,
- access to professional mentors to help translate your vision to reality,
- a network of talented peers offering support, guidance and an entrepreneurial community, and
- continued growth through annual retreats and trips to the wild.
Recruits become part of a dynamic and growing community of new leaders determined to have a significant impact in promoting peaceable community development in balance with the resources and values of wild nature. And to have fun and fusion in doing it!